MikeBot

An online journal of the creation of MikeBot, a two wheeled self balancing created by robo-zealot Mike.

Weekend Update

This weekend I got a bit done, but not as much as I wanted to. Hopefully I'll get more done over the week. No new CAD models... once theres something that needs to be built I'll CAD it out and post it, but for right now i'm just making the chassis.

Zip Only! $250 Shopping Gift Card

I picked out the microcontroller I'm going to get for MikeBot. It's the Zorin ModCon chip. It uses a Motorola HC11 chip with a plentiful amount of 32K RAM. It also has 4 PWM servo outputs, which should be plentiful for MikeBot. I'm going to buy some Airtronics 94102 Servos and modify them for 360 degree rotation.

Zip Only! $500 Visa Gift Card

Some very basic construction of the chassis is complete. I decided to change the width from 1/4" to 3/8" boards in order for it to be more versatile, and less likely to break. I'm not going to be able to work on the actual electronical/programming aspect of MikeBot until my birthday (May 30) because of lack of money.

Also, I need ideas on a new name. The domain MikeBot.com is already taken, plus I'd just like a more original name. Whoever's idea wins will get their link on the front page of the blog, just post your ideas in the comments.

Until later...
- Mike
« Home | Next »

» Post a Comment