MikeBot

An online journal of the creation of MikeBot, a two wheeled self balancing created by robo-zealot Mike.

First Post

I decided to get one of these fancy bloggy things so I can journal what happens as I create the MikeBot. Maybe some people will click some of those ads and put in their zip code and help make this project a little less out of pocket *wink wink*. Seriously though, I get $1.10 for each zip code, so if you have the time, it only takes 10 seconds. Donations will also be accepted, with 100% of each donation going directly towards buying the stuff I need for the robot.

Zip Only! MP3 Player

I started this project March 30, 2005 and it is currently in the design stage. It's going to be a 3 tiered robot, about 12 inches high and 9 inches wide. The first tier will contain the PWM Motors, the 2nd will hold the processor and other electronics, and the first will be the carrying platform =)

Zip Only! $250 Walmart Gift Card

Like I said, MikeBot is currently in design stages. I am in the process of making a 3D Inventor Model of what it will look like. As I work on this, I'll be posting it. The material for MikeBot hasn't been decided yet, but most likely will be Wood (not metal, as the CAD model may suggest). If there is another cheap, light, and strong material out there please be sure to suggest it.

Wrapping it up for today, I'll post more as I get more done.
-Mike

TODAY'S CAD MODEL
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
« Home

» Post a Comment